Pizza on the Patio - Le Parule @ Nostrana


             Tonight was a treat! I have not had the opportunity to try pizza in Italy, but tonight it came to me...in Portland! Nostrana hosted Giuseppe Pignalosa, pizziaolo from Le Parule Ristorante-Pizzeria in Ercolano, Italy (just outside Naples). My wife and I were fortunate enough to be a part of it.



Giuseppe baked five of his signature pizzas, including the following:


           This event was super cool. It was hosted at Nostrana, on their patio, included Pinolo Gelato, and awesome drinks at the patio bar. Giuseppe cooked pies out of Tastebud's mobile wood fired oven.


           The pizza tonight was excellent. The crust was absolutely amazing! It had perfect chew, airless, and flavor. I would have been happy just eating the plain crust all night. The two pies we tried were so unique. 

Giagiu
                 The Giagiu was made up of grilled zucchini, yellow tomatoes, anchovies, burrata, and lemon peel. The combination of flavor was excellent. The saltiness of the anchovies was a great match with the creamy burrata. I loved the lemon peel and plan to incorporate this subtle add to my future pies.

Omaggio a Bologna
           The Italian Bologna pizza with pistachio pesto sauce, mozzarella, mortadella, and pistachios was just as good. This pie was slightly salty from the mortadella, which melded well with the mozzarella. The aspect I loved most about this pie was the subtlety of the mortadella on this pie - it complimented the other flavors perfectly.


         Look at that crust! The crust was the highlight for me. So good! This was an excellent night out. We enjoyed this event very much!

Comments